Thursday, August 4, 2011

First Letter from Oregon

First, My first area is Milton-Freewater OR (and guess what they don't have sales tax in Oregon). It's a nice place, it's a country town (in my opinion), there are wineries and wheat fields. Oh, and our area covers MF, Athena, and Umapine, so it's a big area. Thank goodness we have a car. It's a nice ward, and we do get fed (almost) every night at a member's house. It's a small group that came to sacrament meeting 20-30 but there are a lot of inactive members (total there's about 200-400 members in our area).

There are a bunch of really cool and nice people here. Most people are either Catholic or Seventh-Day Adventist. No one has really been mean to us but there's a lot of apathy and "You're doing a good work telling people about Christ!" and I think that the key is we need people to know what is unique about our message and that it's not just about Christ, like we have a living prophet.

Oh, my companion. Elder Fowlke, he's not as big as I thought (only about 1 inch taller than me), but I think that they were meaning the other way of being big. He's a great guy and he's really loves the gospel and the members that help us.

Elder L. Tom Perry is coming to speak to our mission (or the east half of the mission) on August 17, that will be three weeks into my 12 week training period.

Thank you for reading and if you want to send me letters I would appreciate it plus I promise to write you back.

There are so many windmills on the hills to create power. That and that I'm not used to the sun being out in the sky at 6:30 AM since there's no mountains there's nothing blocking the sun (and the "mountains" they have here are lightweights) (I'm just saying that as a fact not like I'm biased towards the Wasatch Front or anything *Cough* *Cough*)

I love you. Gospel is true. Cutting off arms is okay, (as long as there's sheep involved). and never confuse a Korean for a Japanese.
Love,
Elder Lance Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment