Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Conglomerate of Lance's Letters

*Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  Hope you forgive me.

4-30-12
Nothing stands out too much, there is a baptism scheduled on Wednesday and later today we'll be bowling.  The one family, the Espinoza's, that were baptized when I first got here are now moving to Moscow, Idaho and so I'll be saying goodbye to them later today and getting the address so I can keep in contact with them.

4-24-12
It was a slow and enriching week. Slow because we hardly taught any lessons, also partly due to me being sick, and enriching because we had Zone Conference on Thursday and the temple this morning. We are allowed to go to the temple once every 3 months.
 
I live in a basement of some members. It has a kitchen, bathroom, small living room, and the bedroom with 2 beds. The color design is white and cream (I think that's the color they call it). Walls are white, white tiles in the kitchen and bathroom and the carpet is white and cream(?)ish colors. 
 
My companion is fine. I don't have much to say about him other than is core of his testimony is centered in the Book of Mormon.
 
4-16-12
My new missionary companion is good. He's originally from California and moved to Colorado before coming out. He wants to do something related to business and has been out on his mission for 12 months (serving in Vancouver and Yakima before here).
 
We might be having a baptism next week, his name is Sonny Caskey, he's 10 years old and we got parental permission for him to be baptized but things aren't solidified in terms of when and so I'll let you know as time moves on.
 
We have a Zone Conference this week, so that'll be cool and then we also have interviews and a trip to the temple later this month.
 
4-9-12
I got a new companion, his name is Elder DeLeon, he's been out for 12 months and he is from (orginally LA but recently from) Colorado. He's 25, went to college for 2 1/2 years before coming out, has served in Yakima and Vancouver before here and knows Spanish.
 
4-2-12
We got the information right after Priesthood session and I am going to be staying in this area. That makes it 7 1/2 months here. I will be getting a new companion, Elder (now I don't know the spelling but it sounds like) Da-le-own.  We had a baptism March 29. It was for Ammon Jessop, the grandchild of the member's we live with.
 
3-26-12
This past week we had a guest speaker in the mission, Bro. Larsen (he is a NFL player for the Bronco's, linebacker I think, and he is also Pres. Greer's nephew) and when he came he talked to us about discipline and how that comes from being a disciple. His main focus was "The "whats" (ex practicing, working out, studying) don't matter as long as you have a "why" (ex to help others, to learn, to meet new people) and as a NFL player is why is to win a championship and that is why he practices and so forth; He then challenged us to find, if we don't know already, our "why" for being a missionary. This question took a lot of time, but this last Sunday I had a realization on my "why". Right now, my "why" is "things will get better"; the reason I do the things that I do is because I know that things will eventually get better. This ties in with the Gospel and how things will get better, but it was a cool realization/introspection learning about my why.

We are going to have a baptism this Thursday!! His name is Ammon Jessop, 9 years old, and he is the grandson of the people we are living with. He's really cool and really bright for his age. The family he lives with though, is off the wall, but I'm not sure if it's just because everyone is so young or about all of the crazy sisters he has (1 older, 2 younger), and since I haven't been around either situation very much I'm not a very good judge. Oh, and as Alivia, youngest of the 2 younger sisters, would say "Ammon is getting apatized." (she made the mistake the first time, but then after that she kept saying it because she saw that everyone was laughing because she was saying it).
 
Besides those two events, things are going well and I'm looking forward to my second general conference on my mission. (I already have an idea on the subject of Elder Nelson's talk and I'll be looking to see if I can catch his phrase he said he was going to use).
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment